Manual Slaughtering Of Poultry
Apply for Halal Certification now, click here!
- Chicken birds should be live & healthy before slaughter.
- Slaughterer should recite 'BISMILLAH ALLAHU-AKBAR' before slaughtering each bird with his own hands.
- The throat, the esophagus and major blood vessel in the neck region (jugular vein and carotid artery) of the poultry must be severed.
- The bleeding period (time between slaughter and going in the water bath) should not be less than 120sec (2minutes).
- Each bird must be checked that it is properly slaughtered and only dead birds are subsequently sent for scalding.
- The bird should be 'STILL' (cool & calm) before going into the water bath.Scalding Temperature-water bath temperature-maximum up to 64°C. (i) Scalding time (the bird in the hot water) - maximum upto 100 seconds. (ii) Scalding Temperature and Scalding Time are inversely proportionate.
- Hygiene in processing area needs to be taken care.
- Production area specially processing area should to be disinfected periodically and regularly.
- All the machinery coming in contact with stuff should be regularly cleaned with appropriate disinfectant.
- Workers need to be made aware of hygiene operation. Gloves, boots (shoes) and hand disinfectants should be provided.
- Knife and other utensils should be sterilized with hot water (approximate 82°C).
- The hot water should be replaced periodically.
- Final chicken should be free from pathogenic microbes like Salmonella, E.Coli and staphylococci etc.